Jacob's Creek Lift Station Sewer Interceptor
The Jacobs Creek Lift Station Sewer Interceptor project includes installation of approximately 5,000 feet of 15-inch gravity sanitary sewers including trenchless installations at two county roads and at the Jay Run Creek crossing. It also includes precast manhole structures as required along the new 15-inch sewer, decommissioning of the existing Jacobs Creek Lift Station on Kamer Miller Road & conversion to a flow-thru manhole structure along with abandonment of the existing 6-inch force main. The project also includes connection of the new gravity sewer to an existing 24-inch interceptor at an existing manhole north of Charlestown Road, abandonment of an existing 8-inch sewer that serves McCrary Estates & new connection of the abandoned sewer to the proposed sewer, restoration & seeding, erosion control, and all other related items. The project area is bounded by Kamer Miller Road to the north and Charlestown Road to the south and is essentially centered between Grant Line Road to the west and Chapel Lane to the east. The proposed sewer interceptor runs from the existing Jacobs Creek lift station on Kamer Miller Road and runs southeasterly generally adjacent to Jacob’s Creek before connecting to an existing manhole north of Charlestown Road.
CONTACT THE PROJECT ENGINEER AND PROJECT FIELD SUPERINTENDENT: Questions? Concerns? For the latest information, you can call the project inspector, George Hubbard with HWC Engineering, at 270-945-9147 or call the project field superintendent, Rick Whistler with Dan Christiani Excavating at 765-520-0420.
Current Progress (July 30, 2018 - August 5, 2018)
- Began Station 22+84 continued west to Station 20+02
- Trenching and installing 15’’ PVC sanitary sewer and backfilling
- Rock excavation beginning at Station 22+84, with variable depth to Station 20+02
- Excavating and setting 60” Manholes as detailed on plan sheets.
- Patching and sealing newly set Manholes
Current Progress (June 11, 2018 - June 17, 2018)
- Began trenching, placement, and backfill of 15” PVC pipe.
- Excavated and installed Manholes 37-116, 37-117, and 37-118.
- Cored and connected to existing Manhole 37-15.
- Installed 15’’ x 8’’ wye at designated location.
(May 22, 2018 - May 27, 2018)
- S. J. Earth Boring completed the jack & bore at Jay Run. Placed 84 LF of 15” PVC in steel casing with a total of 70 LF of steel casing.
- Sealed/ booted both ends of casing pipe and backfilled the bore pits
- Brought in earth moving equipment.
(April 30, 2018 - May 6, 2018)
- S. J. Earth Boring completed the jack & bore at Lewis-Endres Parkway
- Placed 110 LF of 24” steel casing pipe with 110 LF of 15” PVC sanitary pipe.
- Sealed the ends of the casing pipe.
- Installed center restrained casing spacers and rubber sealant for boot end of casing.
(April 23, 2018 - April 29, 2018)
- S. J. Earth Boring on site.
- Completed trench box excavation.
- Bored and jacked 80 LF of 24” steel casing at approximate Station 41+00 on Sheet PP6 at Lewis-Endres Parkway.
(March 19, 2018 - April 20, 2018)
- Began welding and installing casing pipe for jack & bore under Lewis Endres Parkway at Northside Christian Church
- Silver creek water on site for utility location.